Let’s not pretend that we all don’t love a good YA story; it’s got it all— drama, first love, and a plucky protagonist. We are looking for a short YA story to serialize over three whole issues of Word Lit Zine! As always, our focus is on great storytelling, and bridging the gap of empathy and understanding through literature. Stories of POC, queer, and trans kids are not only welcomed, but preferred. Submit a short story up to 15,000 words, and you could be the lucky winner!
The top two finalist will receive an honorable mention and advertisement for their upcoming work/event.
The winner will receive a cash prize, WLZ swag, and a performance at Bibliophilia Storytelling Festival 2018.
Deadline: December 30th 2017
- FICTION or CREATIVE NON-FIC ONLY!
- 15,000 words max
- One submission per payment. You can submit multiple times, but you may only submit one work at a time; no sneaking in a poem with your fiction submission.
- All forms must be properly formatted— in 11 pt font, single spaced, and in a Word doc (docx).
- All content must be original. No plagiarized work will be accepted!
- Unpublished submissions, or work that has only been printed in a publication of less than 2,000 will be accepted.